The Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member's critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contact when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers have mirrored drives and those drive are backed-up daily to protect the integrity of the client's data.
- We maintain multiple data center locations to allow for rapid disaster recovery incase of a catastrophic event.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers and networks go through extensive security audits periodically by an outside firm to insure the integrity of our network structure.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.
If you have additional questions regarding CU Village.com security issues, please feel free to contact us at (800) 262.6285, ext. 260.